Properties of glass fiber
● the tensile strength is high and the elongation is small (3%).
● the elastic coefficient is high and the rigidity is good.
● the elongation within the elastic limit is large and the tensile strength is high, so the impact energy is large.
● inorganic fibers, which are non flammable and highly resistant to chemicals.
● small water absorption.
● scale stability and good heat resistance.
● good workability, and can be made into different forms of stock, bundle, felt and weaving.
● transparent through light.
● development of surface treatment agent with good resin adhesion.
● the price is cheap.
● it is not inflammable and can be melted into small glassy beads at high temperature.